Aspire xc-1760 how to disable power management?

Sebb
Sebb Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello! We have a 1760 at our office that we run a server on. For some reason the computer shuts down after a few hours. I turned all windows power savers off but the computer still turn off after a couple of hours. Can I disable acers built in power saver so the computer is on all the time?

Br, Seb

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

How to adjust power and sleep settings in Windows

• To adjust power and sleep settings in Windows 11, select Start Settings > System > Power & battery > Screen and sleep.
      • Screen: Select how long you want your device to wait before turning the screen off when you're not using your device.
      • Sleep: Select how long you want your device to wait before going to sleep when you're not using it.
    • See more about how to shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC

• Sebb
    Sebb Member Posts: 2 New User

Thanks for the answer, unfortunately did not solve anything… The computer still shuts down after a few hours. I think its the acer power management stuff that triggers windows to shut down. Anyone else got this problem and knows how to solve it?

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Is it always the same time ?

Does it go to sleep or shut off ?

Are you on the ethernet cable or Wi-FI as Network has a power management box in device management properties to cut it off. it doesn't state a time period ?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,421 Trailblazer

It is very unlikely to be any Acer specific software, other than their custom power plan. Show us pictures of the power settings:

The go into the Advanced and expand the options:

I'm guessing there is still a setting that allows sleep or hibernate after some time.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.