Acer Predator XB3 (XB273U Gs) - 27" and Light Sense issues on sleep/power off

Options
aroryborealis
aroryborealis Member Posts: 4 New User

Hi- I purchased a XB3 about 6 months ago and have been very frustrated by the RGB lighting on it. I don't want it but because it is there I needed to install light sense to manage it. I have version 1.1.7 and have found that no matter what I do, I am forced to suffer through RGB colors ever time my monitor goes to sleep or my computer or I shut down and restart. I leave light sense running in the background. I have tried lights on, off, static and many other colors, no colors dimness etc... no matter what I do, light sense seems to not remember anything whenever the power state of the monitor or computer changes and it reverts to RBG breathing... I have windows 11, USB is plugged into 3.0, If anyone has a solution that will help so that I dont just put duct tape over these light strips I would really appreciate it.

Best Answer

• aroryborealis
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, I may have it. in the menu of the monitor itself (OSD) there is an option for Ambient light which I can turn off. it is directly in control of the LED... its default is RGB cycle so thats why no matter what I did in Light sense, it wouldnt stay. this poses a new issue which is the OSD menu only gives you a couple options and if you dont like Red, Blue, Green static or rainbow, the only other option is to turn it off. if Off light sense wont even see the LED anymore and shuts off. ugh... the monitor should allow Lightsense to control it.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,941 Trailblazer
    Options

You aren't out of warranty yet, but once you are I'd be tempted to pull the back off and just disconnect the light bar. :)

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • aroryborealis
    Options

Haha yes that would solve it... Unfortunately I had hoped that for the money I paid and the fact that every other component (MB, RAM, Fans) have light eight programs that handle this easily that Acer would as well. if they cant then let it sync with everything else on the motherboard... Heck even my mouse can do that

• aroryborealis
    Options

Anyone have any ideas or do you all have the same issue with light "sense"?

• aroryborealis
    Answer ✓
    Options

OK, I may have it. in the menu of the monitor itself (OSD) there is an option for Ambient light which I can turn off. it is directly in control of the LED... its default is RGB cycle so thats why no matter what I did in Light sense, it wouldnt stay. this poses a new issue which is the OSD menu only gives you a couple options and if you dont like Red, Blue, Green static or rainbow, the only other option is to turn it off. if Off light sense wont even see the LED anymore and shuts off. ugh... the monitor should allow Lightsense to control it.