Acer Nitro5 crashing window issue

Options
AESOTECH
AESOTECH Member Posts: 2 New User

I need to format or reinstall my window Acer Nitro5 as it crashes always, please how can i move it to window 10? i tried run windows 10 using cd but failed, couldnt detect the parts

Answers

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @AESOTECH

You can try to reset the laptop to check if that makes any difference.

Check the above link to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset

Hope it will help you in some way.

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,952 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Options

The reason you are getting crashes and BSOD’s is because you haven’t got all the appropriate drivers for Win-11, and you must have corrupted drivers and your OS.

Do a clean install of Win-11 (make sure that you backup all your personal files first) by installing Win-11 with the .ISO method.

Installation instructions (ISO):

1.   If you want to install Windows 11 directly from the ISO file without using a DVD or USB flash drive, you can do so by mounting the ISO file. This will perform an upgrade of your current operating system to Windows 11.

2.   To mount the ISO file:

·       Go to the location where you downloaded the ISO file. Then, right-click the ISO file and select Properties.

·       On the "General" tab, click "Change…" where it says, “Opens with:" and select Windows Explorer for the program you would like to use to open ISO files and select Apply.

·       Right-click the ISO file and select Mount.

·       This will create a “virtual” bootable disc. Double-click on it to view the files within. Double-click setup.exe to start Windows 11 setup.

Before you start the clean install (as most Nitro 5 laptops are Intel based) make sure that you download onto an additional USB your Nitro 5's “IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver”, as after you start the Win-11 installation and completely format the boot drive, you will need to install the “IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver” for your laptop to reinstate the boot drives with this driver and to continue the Win-11 installation, finish the installation and make sure that all the “Windows Updates” are up to date.

After, install the “Intel® Driver & Support Assistant” do a scan, as this will tell you the latest Intel drivers for Win-11 and also download and install the latest driver for your gpu at NVIDIA Driver Downloads but make sure that with the NVIDIA driver installation, you use and click the “Custom (Advanced)” mode to “Perform a clean installation” and do a clean install. That is all that you have to do, it’s a simple and the most effective way for your laptop to work 100% and properly. 

• AESOTECH
    AESOTECH Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Thanks for your response, please any link to download this IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver? i think is my problem, i have formatted the SSD drive and want to do a clean installation but requesting for drivers, It state "cant find driver scan again to locate driver" , also if there is a link to download win 11 ISO so i save it on my flash that will be also appreciated. thanks once again for your support.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Without knowing which Nitro model you have we can't give you a link that is appropriate. It should be something like AN5xx-xxx-xxxx and is likely on the same sticker as your serial number. Typically you download the right driver and extract it to the same flash drive as your Windows install image. When the install process gets to the point where it's asking you where to install, you tell it to load the driver from the flash drive and it then sees all the drives.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.