Connecting Razer Blade 14 to Acer Predator 27" XB271HU with high refresh rate + 2K + Gsync

Dbrown8630
Dbrown8630 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Hi everyone,

I am trying to figure out how to connect my razer laptop to my newly purchased Acer Predator 27" XB271HU. The laptop only has an HDMI port. I can connect it through HDMI to my screen with 2560 x 1440 resolution and 60Hz (it actually says 59.951 Hz when I check the display settings).

However, I would like to have 144Hz (maximum refresh rate of the monitor, I do not wish to overclock) and 2560 x 1440 resolution. I have purchased an HDMI to Display port cable for this, but when I connect his to my laptop and the monitor it does not display anything (I changed the input to DP on the monitor and rebooted my laptop).

I purchased the monitor to game in 2560 x 1440 resolution and a high refresh rate and to enjoy Gsync. But the only function I have now is the right resolution (no high refresh rate and no gsync available in NVIDIA settings or display settings).

So I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I have called Acer about this but they could not help me out and asked me to make a post here so I was hoping someone else could help out.

Here are the specs of everything I mentioned before:

Razer Blade 14 14" 165Hz QHD Matte Display AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX RTX 3070 8GB VRAM/ 16GB RAM/ 1TB PCIe SSD Laptop

Acer Predator 27" XB271HU ZeroFrame Gsync WQHD Monitor

Comsol DisplayPort Male to HDMI Male 4K Cable 2m

Hope I can find the answer here! Thanks everyone

Best Answer

Answers