TC895 Desktop beeps (or chirps) intermittently when running Windows 10

XC
XC Member Posts: 1 New User

TC895 - i5-10400, 12GB Ram, 512 SSD, Windows-10 (fully updated) - Computer starts up fine and runs OK, however, the motherboard makes intermittent extremely short beeps (chirp sound) randomly throughout the day. Typically a series of them, then none for a period of time, (sometimes a few minutes apart, other times hours apart). There is no pattern to the chirps, sometimes just one, other times several in a row. There are no beep during post - the chirps happen after windows has loaded.

I've run extensive tests and analyzed the Event and Process logs and I can't find any issues that directly correspond to the time that the chirps happen. Windows shows no hardware errors and I've run several "burn-in" test tools and all have reported no issues. So this does not appear to be hardware related.

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior and if there is any way of fixing it?

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

I had that when my TC-895 was new in Dec 2020. It would sometimes cut off.

I had been turning off at night, sometime it would go off in stand-by (blinking lite would disappear).

I finally just left it on running some video's 24/7 days.

It fixed it self ? I suppose some break in of a power supply chip ??

It has been good for the last year or so except an episode of losing USB's when loading down and moving the mouse when playing Zynga Poker.

That too went away ??