Acer Veriton S6620G Upgrade to SSD cannot Boot

Hi everyone,

I got a problem and looking for you guys advice. Mine is Acer Veriton S6620G 

System BIOS Version: P01-A1

Built Date: 06/January/2012

I believe that this unit able to install & support 2.5" SATA SSD.  Today I bought one unit of Patriot P210 120GB & 512GB SATA 2.5" SSD for this computer.  At first, the BIOS can detect the SSD and displayed me the Patriot P210 120GB & 512GB on the BIOS screen, also the SSD name was listed at First Boot Device.  Apparently this unit is able to support the said of SSD right?

I tried to install the Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 21H2 which I downloaded from Microsoft website. The Windows installation running smoothly and installed. However, when the system restart after done the installation, there is an error message appear on the screen "ERROR: No boot disk has been detected or the disk has failed".

After I get into BIOS to check, the BIOS still showing the current Primary Hard Disk was Patriot P210 120GB or 512GB.  Only disappear the SSD name at First Boot Device area.

So, may I know what should I do for the next? Or I miss some settings at BIOS?

Thanks.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022

This desktop came with the 2.5” MICRON SSD NAND 128GB MTFDDAK128MAM-1J1 F/W:0009 LF+HF – oem from Acer part#: KF.12804.003 and also with 320GB to 2TB type 3.5” HDDs that are all SATA 3 6GB/s types HDDs. Your “Patriot P210 120GB & 512GB SATA 2.5" SSD” should work 100% in this desktop, try to first install the IRST (Intel® Rapid Start Technology) Driver Version: 11.5.0.1207 from the Veriton S6620G Acer Manuals & Drivers site as that might need installing and/or this driver is corrupted.

Also and to make this old desktop work better, as you have the MBR Legacy type bios, as the bios version P01-A1 must be the first bios that this desktop came with new in 2012 and its old and not even listed on Acer site. I would recommend that you update the bios to its last Version: P01.A2. Don’t use the “BIOS - UEFI for Windows 8 (Not for Upgrades)” as they are all for the UEFI type bios for this desktop.

Be very careful and only flash the bios if you know how to flash these type of bios as Acer WARNS ALL USERS thatUpgrading your system BIOS incorrectly could harm your Acer product. Please proceed with caution

To flash the bios download the bios version P01.A2 and do this:

1. Make sure that you turn off all anti-virus and malware software, turn off all running software
    2. Only flash the bios when there is no danger of power failure and/or you are not experiencing any BSODs or OS crashes, this is very important!
    3. Then read the “readme” document
    4. Go into the WIN folder
    5. And use the AFUWIN executable file to flash the new bios Version: P01.A2

That’s all you have to do to flash the bios for your Veriton S6620G and also install the Itel driver. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Disconnect your original HDD and install the WIndows USB to the new drive, then try.

• This computer comes with uefi mode enabled and launch csm disabled. You need to create a supervisor password to enable launch csm.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • alfredlieu
    alfredlieu Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Dear All,

Thanks for you guys replied. And I am sorry for the late replied as I just got back my account today. By the way, I did tried to update the BIOS firmware, the latest version is P01-A2 Date: 29th November 2012.

I can see the name of SSD appear on the Advance under AHCI Port 1: PNY CS900 120GB SSD. Also, the system shown Device Type: Hard Disk. However, nothing shown under Boot Options area. But the SSD drive info shown at Windows Setup if I boot from USB Pendrive.

--alfred

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

You still show the 2nd hard drive ?

Disconnect it until you get the 1st one to boot.

Then reconnect the 2nd .

• alfredlieu
    alfredlieu Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Sir,

2nd Hard Drive never connected, from the picture shown there is USB Pendrive (OS).

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,448 Trailblazer

Your Veriton S6620G with the bios version P01.A2 is a Legacy bios and can't be updated to the UEFI bios version P11.A1. So when you do a "Clean Install" of Win-10 you first need to completely Delete then Format that PNY SSD 128GB drive (which a 128GB capacity these days is very low but will work) and then proceed with the Win-10 installation as it will work and it doesn't need any drivers IRST or any drivers.

Also and what I would strongly recommend is that you upgrade the CPU of the Veriton S6620G from its fitted i5-3470 to the higher i7-3770S that has a 99% upgrade chance and also upgrade its RAM to the max total of 16GB and buy a either a kit (if you still can get them) or buy 4x 4GB DDR3-1600 • CL=11 • NON-ECC • UDIMM • 240-pin • 1.35V • 2Rx8 • PC3-12800 and populate all the memory slots, as all this will make your desktop perform to its peak performance with an i7 cpu, a 2.5" ssd and 16Gb ram.