SSD standoff screw problem urgent help ph315-55

Options
stalaat
stalaat Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2022 in Predator Laptops

Hi i need urgent help

i bought new acer predator helios 300 ph315-55i bought new ssd to install it but when i tried to screw it the screw body broke inside the standoff and the head went off

now i dont know what to do ? any suggestions ?

can i remove the standoff from its place and buy new one or its glued into the motherboard ?

or there is another way to hold down the new SSD

thanks

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• Twingo86
    Twingo86 Member Posts: 37 Devotee WiFi Icon
    Options

Maybe use duck tape ?

• stalaat
    stalaat Member Posts: 4 New User
    Options

its a gaming laptop the heat will eat it alive

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

First: be aware of the laptop warranty. If you cause damage, you void your warranty. I think the only way to remove the body from the screw would be to make a new thread in the body that was stuck.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,209 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon
    Options

You could try to fix it with hot glue, but that's not really a solution.

Maybe you have a precision mechanic nearby who can fix the problem for you. The rest of the screw must be removed and the thread may have to be recut. This is a very precise work, because also the resulting chips must be sucked off when drilling and recutting.