Windows 11 s modeNX.AASAA.004

Options
Harout
Harout Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2022 in Windows 11

Newly bought aspire 5 windows 11 s mode, I tried all the kind to switch out s mode, but useless, showing error,

I installed new m.2 hard drive but in bios is not showing, I tried to solve it but I couldn't,

if it will not fix these issues, it is useless laptop.

NX.AASAA.004

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,950 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Options

What is your Aspire 5 model number? With the new SSD M.2 some are not compatible but, most Aspire 5's have the "IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver" that you need to install so that this SSD M.2 can be recognised if its not, so try that as its got nothing to do with the bios.

With the Win-11 S mode, read the MS FAQ here: Windows 10 and Windows 11 in S mode FAQ FAQ but this guide is very confusing and is as usual, typical of MS, so do more research as Switching out of S mode in Windows 11 you will need an anti-virus as Defender won't protect you as thoroughly as with S mode.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Options

That Aspire is a A515-56 model.

In settings go to Settings  > Update & Security > Activation.

Then in the Switch to Windows 10 Home section click on Go to the Store. (Not the Upgrade go to store option)

In the store use the Switch out of S mode option and the Get to start the process.

I just use Defender and haven't gotten a virus for many years...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.