Predator 17 G5-793 Screen Upgrade to 144 Hz, is it possible?

ExTurtles
ExTurtles Member Posts: 53 Die Hard WiFi Icon

Is it possible to upgrade my laptop screen to 144 Hz 40 pin cable screen? I think my current screen uses a 30 pin cable and it is 75 hz. Thanks for your help!

Answers

• These are the screens for the G5-793 laptop as listed in Acer's SG, they are all 17.3" Frequency 60Hz at 30 pin connector type screens, they are either the LP173WF4(SP)(F2) or the LP173WF4-SPF5 and they are not available and/or are upgradable to 144Hz frequencies.

• ExTurtles

Does the connection on the motherboard supports 40 pin cables? Can you please check that out?

• ExTurtles

Can anyone check the connector on the motherboard please?

• I know there are 120hz displays with 30 pins. I've also found few 140hz models that use 30 pins.

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ExTurtles

I've found out that my motherboard actually has 40 pins. But someone said my BIOS won't support 144 hz. Do you think it is worth a try?

• I think it might work. See this video:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ExTurtles

I need a 40 pin cable. Where can I fınd it? My cable has 30 pins on the screen side and 40 pins on the motherboard side. It is weird.

• Have you tried asking acer tech support?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• ExTurtles

I think I need the cable ''1422-0268000', but we don't have any in my country :/