power button does not work in Acer Aspire TS-780-ACKB

Katooshka
Katooshka Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

I opened the case to fix the DVD drive. After reassembling the case, the power button does not work. Is there anywhere to find a diagram of the inside of the case? I think I must have accidentally disconnected the power button.

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer

Usually yes, we can give you that info. Unfortunately it's determined by the machine model and you haven't told us what that is. :) Yours could be any of literally thousands of different models... Typically the sticker that gives you the serial number also has your model number, something like xxxxx-xxx-xxxxx.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Katooshka

I opened the case back up after finding great photos of how to take out parts at https://www.manualslib.com/manual/1665220/Acer-Aspire-Tc-780.html?page=57#manual Everything looks connected. Any suggestions?

• Katooshka

It is an Acer Aspire TS-780-ACKB

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

Check your basics, like is it plugged in, any RAM cards not seated ? The plug to the switch should be on the bottom right of the mother board. Check and reseat it.

Disconnect all your USB inputs and DVD.

Use a meter to be sure that your power supply is working. Just for chance, pull the Bios battery.

Go over your work, carefully.

Good Luck, here is a vide, probably no help but who knows.

• Katooshka

I did everything except for using a meter to be sure that your power supply is working. Still will not go on.

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,567 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon

#8 connector is the wires to the switch and LED's. Reference Page 112 your link.

Basic VOM are really cheap and well worth it. Several on Amazon for $12.99

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer

Maybe an Aspire TC-780 instead of a TS? As Larry said, the TC-780 motherboard has that connector at position #8 in that diagram. Disconnect it from the MB and test between the two pins for the power button. They should be open when the button is not pressed and should close when you press the button, If the button doesn't close the circuit, it can't turn the motherboard on.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.