Trying to add a 2nd SATA HD in Predator P03-630, don't know what cables I need

Options
FearFadesIRemain
FearFadesIRemain Member Posts: 2 New User

Sorry for the beginner question, it's been a while since I used a desktop. I recently got a Predator Orion P03-630 and it came with the SSD and 1 additional hard drive installed. I am trying to add a second SATA HD, but realized it did not come with an additional power cable for it. I was hoping someone could point out what exactly I need to finishing mounting the hard drive, and possibly to a resource where I could figure it out on my own so as to not fill up the forums with such basic questions.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,068 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Options

Here is how you do it and what parts you need and also all the SATA III 6GB/s 3.5" HDD's or you can also put 2.5" SSD's and M.2 SSD's that Acer recommends for your PO3-630. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,979 Trailblazer
    Options

As Steven shows, your Predator PO3-630 (Predator Orion, not Predator Zero) uses the HDD power cable to provide power for your SATA devices. The stock cable should have two power connectors, so can do two drives. Unless you also have an DVD drive installed you should have the second connector to use for your second drive. If both of your power connectors are being used, then search on the 50.E1ZD1.002 part number. The motherboard supports two of the cables.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.