I have an ACER ASPIREV3-574G-54VY. it switches off immediately when I remove the charger.

Options
rpap
rpap Member Posts: 1 New User

I have an ACER ASPIREV3-574G-54VY. it switches off immediately when I remove the charger. Please help to fix this issue. Screenshot of battery report attached.

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Try to reset the laptop by remove the main. bios batteries and the ram by removing the twenty (20) screws from the base cover and carefully pry up the base cover starting from the left corner of the system.

Then disconnecting the main, bios batteries and the ram, leave them disconnected for about 10min and connect them all back, try to reboot the laptop, wait a while so that the laptops bios resets as it should reboot, if you still get the same symptoms of laptop turning off after charger is unplugged then its your main battery that needs replacing as the laptop does not have any backup charge to function on due to a dead main battery. Below is how you unplug the battery and the Acer OEM battery for your laptop.

• ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @rpap

You can try to disconnect the laptop from the charger flip it upside down. At the back side of the laptop there will be a tiny hole that has a battery symbol near that. You can just try to press and hold it down into that hole for 30 to 40 secs. After that you can connect it back to the charger and try to turn it on. If that doesn't work then you can try to reinstall the battery drivers to check if that makes any difference.

NOTE: Make sure to reboot the laptop after uninstalling the driver.

If that also doesn't work then you can try to reset the laptop to check if that makes any difference.

Check the above link to do a reset.

NOTE: Make sure to backup all the data before the reset.

Hope it will help you in some way.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

No battery reset hole on this model, since the battery is designed to be replaced without tearing the machine apart. It is old enough that likely the battery is at the end of it's life. I'd just replace the battery or replace the laptop, depending on your budget.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.