Throttling Acer nitro 5 model laptop an515-58-53f4. Unfortunately, windows 10 bios update

Segi
Segi Member Posts: 1 New User
edited October 2022 in Nitro Gaming

hello I am in possession of the Acer nitro 5 model laptop an515-58-53f4. Unfortunately, I notice high throttling on it at 92 degrees in almost every game that is more cpu-based, it is not known what graphics settings I would play throttling on. I saw various videos on YouTube where they are just testing the same model of a nitro laptop and they have CPU temperatures hovering around 100 degrees without any drop in core clocks. The laptop is quite new so I don't see any point in applying a new thermal paste here. I use a cooling pad but it doesn't do much anyway. Please help because I really don't know what to do with it anymore .

Regards!

[Edited the title to add model name ]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,767 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022

Install the GeForce Experience software first and try the NVidia game settings for the games you play (as they have an extensive list) as a new laptop should not be "I notice high throttling on it at 92 degrees" temps and should work 100%. Contact Acer Support first in your area and talk to them, as changing and doing anything to a new laptop is not the way to go and could void your warranty.