my laptop doesn't detect my headphones

Options
WouterM
WouterM Member Posts: 3 New User

I tried lituraly everything to solve it but nothing works.

I de-installed my audio program, didn't work.

I downloaded a app for updating everything, didn't work.

I looked at the system, and everything was alright.

When I go to the right buttom sound button, there is no headphone inplugged, my laptop said.

can someone plss help me?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,031 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Options

What is your laptop model number? Is this a Bluetooth headphone? As with allot of these BT drivers Acer has in house cards and drivers that only work with the initial Acer driver for your PC and should not be updated e.g. I've got a new Nitro 5 laptop with the Intel Killer AX1650i card and no Intel Bluetooth updated new driver(s) work with this card except the OEM initial Acer listed Bluetooth driver for this laptop at Drivers & Manuals work, believe me, I've tried them all. This could be your problems so, go to your laptops Acer drivers page, download the OEM Acer Bluetooth driver and install that Acer Bluetooth driver as it will work 100%

Another way is to go into and do this:

Get into Device Manager click >Bluetooth device>right click on your Bluetooth device>Update driver >Browse my computer for drivers>Let me pick from a list a list of available drivers on my computer and see if the OEM Acer driver is listed there?

If it is then click on that BT driver and install that, if its not then you need to install the Acer ONLT BT driver as any other driver will not work with your Wi-Fi/BT card. 

• WouterM
    Options

Thanks but it's not the bluetooth. it's just a headphone with wire.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options

Is the plug fully seated? There's often an o-ring at the bottom of the jack that seals it, and you have to put a little more pressure on the plug to seat it fully.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • WouterM
    Options

it is fully seated. the headphone does work on other devices

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Options

Do you another headphone you can test with? Even a pair of the cheap wired buds would give you an indication if it's the phones or the port.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.