the support process

Options
SushiFanta
SushiFanta Member Posts: 4 New User
edited October 2022 in Members Lounge

I've thought a little bit about my experience with acer support, and I think that the call experienced could be improved by shifting around the order of things.

One of the first things when you call for support is to enter your serial number. Support wants to verify the status of your warranty before anything else. This seems kind of bad for user experience, because unless somebody needs advanced troubleshooting or to send in for repairs, it doesn't matter if they have an active warranty. If ACER can connect with an agent and answer quick questions or get info on the issue before verifying the warranty, people who don't need advanced support or repair can save time and generally access support more easily. I think this could save agents time as well, since correctly transcribing serial numbers often takes several minutes (especially with poor audio quality, various accents, and their great length). Imagine if somebody has an issue, goes through the warranty verification process, and it's a simple fix like "restart your computer". I feel like something like that could be resolved in less time than it takes to collect the serial number. Maybe I'm wrong, and most calls are for repairs and other warranty processes. But I would consider analyzing the amount of time agents spend gathering serial numbers and ask if it is really worth it.

Comments

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 687 Moderator
    Options

Hi SushiFanta,

We are sorry to inform you that the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Only your local support services can help you with this, the community is not an escalation channel, unfortunately.

Note: This thread will be now closed. 

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you,

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.