Can anyone suggest the compatible SSD for my acer aspire 3 A315-41-R95S model. Pic from my laptop

Options
Santchinna
Santchinna Member Posts: 1 New User

Can anyone suggest the compatible SSD for my acer aspire 3 A315-41-R95S model. Pic from my laptop.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited October 2022
    Options

Your Aspire 3 A315-41-R95S has an M.2 M Key Type Connector, so your interface is PCIe 3 x2 and even if its an PCIe 3 x2 you can fit an NVMe PCIe 3 x4 of the current M.2 drives as it will work and will deliver the max write/read speeds of your laptop's potential. I would fit a WD NS-570 type M.2 drive as this drive is good value and its max performance is very close to what your laptop max read/write max performance is and will extract the max performance out of your read/write speeds. Most of the A315-41 laptops that were release at the end of 2018, have their M.2 interface at B&M key type SATA III 6GB/sec connections. Also, and how you can tell is and If you look at the right connectors part the connector, a B & M key SATA III M.2 drives have 5 pins at each end and the M only has 4 pins at one end, that is the difference between these two drives.