Acer TC-1760 - Removing a Memory Module

I want to replace the 4GB memory chip with a 8GB module. In viewing the DIMM sockets (from the back of the case towards the front), there is a clip on the left side of the socket that unlocks easily.

Do these sockets only use one clip? There doesn't seem to be a clip on the right side. Yet when I tried to to remove the RAM module, only the left side started to dislodge.

Best Answer

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

@JohnG0814

Nowadays some motherboard makers just use one sided clip for DIMM slots, and that functioned just as good as using clips on both ends.

I have viewed a motherboard picture of the TC-1760 and it happened to be the one clip type. Don't worry about it, just press down the one clip when removing the DIMM.

Answers

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,426 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon

Look for a clip on both ends, you can verify by looking at the new units to have one or two incess latch

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,687 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

This is a closeup of the 2x DIMM 1 and 2 slots for your TC-1760 ram and they both have a clip at each end to slot into the ram module to secure that module into the ram slot, you should fist insert the ram module into the slot and press down as the two side clips should engage automatically and lock the ram module into its slot. I've also included the DIMM slots ID's and all the ram combination to populate DIMM 1 and 2 for the max total of 32GB for your desktop.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@JohnG0814

Kindly look at the pictures which are captured from service manual designed for your computer.

I am able to see only one arrow on the right side of the picture. I think there is only one knob on the right side. I dont see a knob on the left side.

I have also enclosed some more memory pictures.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• JohnG0814
    JohnG0814 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Thx for your reply. In viewing the closeup of the DIMM slots, it appears to have one clip on the right side of the slot. Why would the clip on the left side of the slot not look the same. The right clip opens easily. The left clip won't move a notch.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓

@JohnG0814

Nowadays some motherboard makers just use one sided clip for DIMM slots, and that functioned just as good as using clips on both ends.

I have viewed a motherboard picture of the TC-1760 and it happened to be the one clip type. Don't worry about it, just press down the one clip when removing the DIMM.