Acer TC-1760 - Where to Add a 2nd SSD

Options

Is the tray area above the system's SSD designed to hold a second SSD?

I've noticed that the second 15p SATA Power Connector is too short to attach to an HHD on the upper tray area. But it's long enough to reach the lower tray.

If that lower tray is for a SSD, would I need and OEM bracket to attach the SSD?

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

The case has provisions to install SATA1~3 Serial ATA 6Gb/s connectors and drives plus 1x M2 M.2(2280&2242) slot (for PCIe/SATA SSD) that the SATA drives additional 2x power cables are optional and you can buy them whatever length you need to attach to the psu, see below, as the info is from the TC-1760 sg.

• JohnG0814
    JohnG0814 Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

Options

Thx for the informative reply. But my question is still unanswered. Is the tray area above where the system's SSD is mounted designed to install a second SSD? And if so, do I need to order an Acer bracket to attach the SSD to in order to secure it to that tray?

• Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options

My opinion is to leave it hanging and secure it with wire ties.

No mechanical parts so no need for leveling etc and heat is not a problem however HANG it not touching any cables etc.

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options

@JohnG0814

The area above the NVMe SSD is not the designed area for additional SATA3 SSD, but you can fit one in using masking tape or Gorilla tape to hold it in place.

The designated HDD/SSD tray is the big piece of metal with the 4 orange color screw holes (actually vibration absorber). At the back side of this metal HDD tray/plate you can mount one 3.5" traditional HDD plus a 2.5 SATA SSD or two 2.5" SATA SSD.

Use the area at the back side of the DVD drive only if you have a third drive to be added. Personally , I have a third 2.5" SATA3 SSD there for a Manjaro Linux with my TC-885-UA91.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

Yes, that tray holds two HDDs or SSDs, one is just sideways from the other IIRC.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.