X35P Predator Monitor Edge Glow

rfxcasey
rfxcasey Member Posts: 4 New User

I just bought an X35P Predator off of Newegg and while I think the monitor is great, I'm getting this very strange fade/halo/glow/ring around the outer edge of the screen that only seems to appear during certain colors or brightness settings. I cannot totally get rid of it. When the screen goes black, it's very black, so I don't think it's light bleed. Seems like when there are certain intensity colors like mid range I see the halo. It almost looks like there is a stain around the edge like water or moisture infiltrated the panel somehow, or perhaps a defect in the screen. I don't know how long this monitor was laying round it the box before I bought it as it's an older model. I did buy it new, it was packaged as new and looked brand new but I don't know when it was manufactured. I'm about to send it back for a replacement and if the next one suffers from the same issue I'm going to have to return it and go with something else. Can someone please advise me, especially if they own this particular model, do you have this issue, or does anyone else know what could be causing it? Is it clearly a defect or is this just the nature of these monitors. I watch several reviews of this monitor on YT and didn't see this edge fade/glow/halo/ring in any of them.

Answers