Acer Predator helios 300 PH315-53 (2021) doesn't recognize GPU Nivida RTX 3070

suzood
suzood Member Posts: 2 New User
edited January 2023 in Predator Laptops

Hello to all!

I have Acer Predator helios 300 (2021) PH315-53 with the GPU Nivida RTX 3070.

I noticed that nothing is having permissions to use the GPU. So I checked the GPU from task manager performance tap, but it doesn't show up there. So, I tried checking Nivida control panel but it doesn't open at all!

The Nivida GPU shows up in BIOS, on PredatorSence and in device manager, but NOT in the dxdiag menu.

I found out that there is a GPU driver update from the GeForce Experience app. I downloaded the update and installed it, but it still shows the "Install" button in the GeForce Experience window (no matter how many times I try to install it. -doesn't matter whether game driver or studio driver, both have the same issue)

So I tried downloading the GeForce and driver from the Nvidia website, but the result was the same.

I also tried selecting the driver for the GPU in Device Manager, but nothing changed.

After that, I searched for updated Nvidia GPU driver from Acer itself. I downloaded and installed, but nothing happened. https://www.acer.com/us-en/support/drivers-and-manuals?search=Predator%20PH315-53&filter=global_download&suggest=helios%20300;3

So I tried updating the BIOS firmware from the same website mentioned above, and still the same issue.

Last, I tried installing the GPU driver from Acer in safe mode and GUESS WHAT! Nothing happened.

Worth mentioning is that it shows this message in the device manager 'NVIDIA Geforce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU properties' menu, under 'Device status':

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

I'd love to hear your solutions on what should I do to make my laptop recognize my GPU again? 

[Edited the thread to add model name to the title]

Answers