Acer Swift 1 Keyboard Issue (incorrect keystroke)

Options
Adino22
Adino22 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Swift and Spin Series

Hello All,

i have a little problem with me keyboard. When i press 2 im getting "s" instead "w" and "e" seems not to work either they switching between some screens instead of getting me a letter. It seems that 2,3,W,E,F1 and F2 are affected. Now the question is would that be a software problem? and if so i tried few things to fix it but with no luck unfortunately or is it more likely to be hardware problem? on top of that i turned screen keyboard on and when press 2 or 3 physically on the keyboard could see on the screen one that im actually pressing Ctrl if that make sense? any ideas please?

[Thread was edited to include the topic issue]

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Try an external keyboard and see how that works out and if its the same? As most of the time any key issues are due to a hardware problem and not software. Do that and let us know exactly what happens, also, which Swift 1 model number do you have, so that we can advise you of the appropriate replacement Acer part number .

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

You can get that type of issue if you have changed the language of the keyboard. Many languages use different keyboard layouts than other languages.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Adino22
    Options

Work fine with an external keyboard, now funny thing i took the button 2 off just to see if anything under it however looked all fine but keyboard magically started working fine. Unluckily after few minutes came back to the same issue

• Adino22
    Options

not language issue i have already checked that, model number N20H2

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options

The model number for a Swift 1 should be SF1xx-xxx-xxxx and you can usually find it on the same sticker as the serial number. The N20H2 thing has no cross reference, so we can't tell which model it is from that unless a Google search brings it up. Since the issue doesn't appear with an external keyboard and it's not a language mismatch likely the issue is caused by some contaminants internal to the keyboard. There's a slight chance it's in the cable connecitons between the keyboard and motherboard, but that's much less likely.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.