Orion 3000 RTX 3070 safe temps?

Options
samnons
samnons Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter

Hey guys got the orion 3000 with the i7 -10700 and 3070 gpu, just wondering what safe temps for the gpu are, seems to creep up to 85 for some games

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

Yes, but it depends on the card you have. As below is test done by TPU and their test results here:

• samnons
    Options

more so trying to find out off someone with the same pc what temps they get kinda thing, i'm guessing the fan shroud etc is different on the predator 3070 compared to the ones listed in that image

• sfanucchi88
    sfanucchi88 Member Posts: 19 Troubleshooter
    Options

When i originally got my system (PO3-630 with I7 11700 and RTX 3070) my 3070 was around 40 on idle and when gaming (Call of Duty) it would hit mid 80s. I just re did the thermal paste and it made a massive difference, the factory paste is garbage. I used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme, easy to apply and non conductive. after prolonged gaming I now hit max 70-73c.

Got the paste on amazon

• samnons
    Options

That sounds like a pretty easy fix at least, i have an extended warranty for another 6 months or so so i'd prefer not to pull it apart at this stage if i can. But watching temps while gaming is def becoming overrated. Might see if the shop i bought it from can redo the paste and keep the warranty, thanks a lot for the info