Predator Orion PO3-620-UR13 not booting with RX6600

slagliano
slagliano Member Posts: 2 New User

Hey everyone! I purchased a second hand PO3-620-UR13 for my girlfriend that came with a GTX710 in it just to get it to boot. I tossed my old GTX970 in there and it worked great for a bit, but started getting graphical artifacts and weird bugs so I just got a good deal on an AMD RX6600 and threw it in and it will not boot. I’m getting a “one long-two short” repeating beep code. The PC boots and runs fine with the GTX710 slotted it, and i tested the RX6600 on my personal setup and it works fine. Any idea what the problem could be? Do these PCs lock out any GPU that isn’t Nvidia? I’m stumped, any help is appreciated. Thanks y’all!

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Someone swapped the original card out, none of the PO3-620 models came with cards that old. IIRC the different SKUs came with 1650, 1660, 2060 and 2070 cards, nothing even as old as 10xx cards that were in some of the earlier models. I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work with a Radeon, and the RX 6600 is certainly new enough it shouldn't be an issue. Are you sure the card is working, and seated correctly?

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • slagliano
    slagliano Member Posts: 2 New User

I’m positive. I have unseated and reseated it a good 20+ times. It worked first try, no hiccups, in my personal rig. I’ve upgraded the BIOS. Cleared the CMOS. Tried changing all of my settings in the UEFI. Ran DDU. I’m totally out of options. The only explanation I have is that Acer has some kind of hardware lock disallowing AMD GPUs in the system.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer

Yet they ship some systems with AMD GPUs... Not very many, they seems to have better reliability with the NVIDIAs.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • The PO3-620 ships with the RTX-2060 as OEM gpu and the RX-6600 is an AMD card that is on par with the RTX-3060, there should be no problems