Acer Predator Triton 500 SE Keyboard does not light up

Options
Ommadon
Ommadon Member Posts: 4 New User

My laptop does not turn on the keyboard RGB Lights

I tried with the Fn keys and with PredatorSense app and neither methods works...

any ideas... thanks?

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

Could you please post the full model name of the laptop, like PT5xx-xx, in the meantime, if you have a battery reset pinhole at the base cover, try battery reset, turn off the laptop, disconnect AC adapter, follow the instructions in the video, after the reset leave the laptop to rest for 15 mins, reconnect AC adapter and charge the battery before start using the laptop and see whether it helps.

• Ommadon
    Options

Predator PT516-52s

my laptop model is... Predator PT516-52s

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you already checked this connector?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

There's no battery reset pinhole in your model, turn off the laptop, disconnect AC adapter, press power button for 9 seconds, leave the laptop to rest for a while(15-20 Mins), reconnect AC adapter and charge the battery and see whether it helps.

• brummyfan2
    Options

Also check whether you tried pressing Fn+F4 buttons together, you may already have tried but try again after the battery reset.

• Ommadon
    Options

Nothing works... 😕 turn off, unplug de AC adapter and then press de power button for 10s... the first time it start again, so I did all over again and then wait for 20 min... reboot and nothing... the only light on the keyboard that seems to work is the one on the picture

• brummyfan2
    Options

I have run out of ideas, could be some loose connection of keyboard cable or faulty cable, if you are within the warranty period try to get it fixed under warranty, otherwise(if you don't want to wait long to get it fixed) keep using the laptop ignoring the keyboard light issue.

• Ommadon
    Options

hi... can you tell where can I find that picture you post? I can't use the warranty because I live in Cuba and this Laptop was a gift so... I have to try to fix it by myself. Can you please redirect me to wherever you find the picture...

thanks

• William_mk2
    Options

@Ommadon

The info was gathered from service manual designed for your computer. Unfortunately it can be accessed only by technicians. But we are glad to help you in providing the snippets you request.

Kindly go through the info given below. Please check the settings on bios.

1. Try fn + f4
    2. Turbo key x1 ( special keys and controls screen shot ]
    3. Keyboard backlight timeout in bios. It is under main menu - Tried to disable , enable and check it.

Try to do bios defaults

While turning on the computer, tap f2. It will go to bios. Press f9 once. It will show load bios defaults with a yes or no popup. Press enter. Popup screen will disappear. Press f10 once. It will show save changes popup with yes or no. Press enter. Computer will restart and it will load into windows.  

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Have you already checked this connector?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)