ASPIRE XC 1660 DESKTOP

SJKelly
SJKelly Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hello, I have just had a 1 terabyte HDD Drive and a CD added to my 1TB sad Aspire XC 1660.

I am keen to know how much memory can be upgraded too and what other peripherals can be added remember it is ASPIRE 1660 XC desktop thanks for any advice

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Your Aspire XC-1660 supports up to 64GB of ram using two 32GB sticks. You can use 4, 8, 16 or 32GB sticks and they should be installed in matched pairs for the best performance. The system will run the memory at 2933MHz, but it seems those are harder to find than the 3200MHz sticks, which should downclock and run at 2933. Stay away from memory marked as XMP compatible, because it will have a base speed much slower (typically 2133 or 2400) and drop the whole system down to it's base.

Your system supports an M.2 NVMe 3.0 x4 SSD as well as the HDD and ODD you ahve installed, and if you don't have a SSD already you will find it runs much quicker when booting from a SSD instead of the HDD.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,896 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

Have a look here at the Aspire XC-1660G RAM & SSD Upgrades (the XC-1660G is the same as the XC-1660 that you have) as its max total ram memory is a total of 32GB and the best is to fit the specs of the likes of the suggested Crucial 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) DDR4-3200 UDIMM- DDR4-3200 • CL=22 • NON-ECC • UDIMM • 288-pin • 1.2V • 2Rx8/1Rx8 • PC4-25600 as that will work in dual channel mode but and

NOTE:

1. Dual channel should be enabled always when plug-in 2 same memory size DDR4 memory module in the 2x slots.
    2. You can install memory modules in any combination as long as they match the specifications

Btw, you should have an M.2 PCIe Gen3 x4 NVMe v1.4 SSD boot drive like the WD NS-530 (or better and up to an NS-750 M.2 SSD) as the M.2 SSD WD NS-530 is fitted OEM to this desktop, and also you should upgrade this desktops gpu that its Video Interface is PCIe at x16 and Acer fits as an OEM gou card like the GeForce GTX 1650/4GB but you can have a better spec gpu fitted if you want, as all these upgrades will make your desktop perform to its best performance.

• SJKelly
    SJKelly Member Posts: 3 New User

Now I am confused it is actually the Aspire Xc 1660 i5 desktop it came with 1 TB SSD I have added a 1 TB HDD and DVD Rom as well from my previous aspire desktop,

I am confused by the two replies one says 64 gigs of memory and the sone says 32 gigs of memory thank you both by the way for your replies.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084

@SJKelly

I would like to provide some additional info which will really help you. 

Kindly go through the details given below. The info provided below will be very helpful to get the current memory and ssd details of your computer and the options to upgrade it.  

Please visit the website given below. There is an option to "start your scan " and " select your computer " . Please chose the options and try it. It will show you the memory and SSD’s details and the best upgrade options for you.. 

https://www.crucial.com/

It will tell you what you currently have and what you can add for memory and SSD's. 

Note: If you decide to buy you can always compare the prices by visiting other websites or stores and then you can decide. We are providing the info of scan app just to show you the upgrade options. You can even download similar scan apps from other memory upgrade websites too.      

To check the compatibility of ram which you can use on your computer.. Get CPUz and check it with that in SPD section of all the RAM and specs that you have, its a quick and simple way to check all OEM specs and what you have in your system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer

Here is the relevant information from Acer's Service Guide:

So 32GB sticks are supported and you have two slots, giving 64GB of total memory max.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.