Looking for Win XP drivers for Aspire One KAV10 Netbook D150-1577

Options
JRKAV10
JRKAV10 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hello everybody,

I need the wireless driver for this Netbook.

SNID is: XXXX

thanks

[Edited the thread to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,451 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022
    Options

Have a look at the exact WLAN CARD and BLUE TOOTH BOARD inside your Aspire One KAV10 laptop (or and if it's just got a combo Wi-Fi/BT card, which I don't think that it has) as and for example, my Aspire One Happy 2 (which is a newer model) comes OEM with a 2.4GHz 802.11b, 802.11g, 802.11n Wi-Fi card only, which is the Atheros Wi-Fi AR9285 card and I upgraded that to a combo Atheros 9485 BT/Wi-Fi card and it works perfectly.

So, find out the exact cards that you have and search on the web as I'm sure that the Wi-Fi card is an Atheros and the BT is a generic Acer card that you might have problems getting an XP driver for.

The Acer SG listed cards for this Aspire One that its OS is Microsoft Windows® XP™ / Linux with the Intel® Atom™ Processor N270 FSB 533/667 MHz and Intel 945GSE + ICH7M Chipsetare at DDRII SO-DIMM slots support up to 2GB is as follows:

1. WLAN CARD-XB63 - NI.23600.007 (this cards XP drivers is the Atheros XB63 Ver 5.3.0.35.zip)
    2. BLUE TOOTH BOARD - BT.21100.005 (this cards XP drivers is the

Also, when you search the Acer Drivers & Manuals site this is all the KAV10 answers, so look these up also as there might be references to drivers from the different solutions listed there. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

This is the Acer model that I'm giving you this info about, its Aspire one Series and it looks like this:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 32,386 Trailblazer
    Options

That model is old enough that Acer no longer has an entry in their support site for it, so you will have to reply on third party driver sites. Your WiFi is like the Acer InviLink design, so that might help find the drivers for it.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.