Can’t unscrew these screws in heatsink of ACER Predator Helios 300 (ph315-54) WHAT SIZE SCREWDRIVER?

Options
Shanntell14
Shanntell14 Member Posts: 1 New User

hey all. I can’t unscrew the screws circled in red, everything else has unscrewed so far with a Philips screwdriver #0, these don’t fit it, HOW DO I UNSCREW THESE? DO I NEED A DIFFERENT SIZE? Trying to repaste right now and stuck on this

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,561 Trailblazer
    Options

Should be 7 screws all the same 2 x 4mm with the same Phillips head. Threads are often slathered with LocTite that sometimes gets slobbered inside the phillips slot. Gotta dig it out with a needle.

I tried to blow up and measure the images of the side-by-side red and blue encircled heads on my screen. While the red does look like it has slightly smaller slots, it may be deceptive because they might have LocTite slobbered inside. On my screen the slots are the same size using a machinist's rule. At any rate, Phillips screwdrivers are usually conically grooved so even a bigger screwdriver might fit in there and maybe give you more leverage. Be careful though giving it too much torque. Because the serrated nut sometimes spins out of the mainboard. Might have to apply a bit of heat to the head with a pencil tip soldering tool to soften the LocTite

Jack E/NJ