USB-C charging AN515-52-50Z0

PAXANDDOS
PAXANDDOS Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hey! I've just bought myself a huge power bank (30000mAh 20W) knowing that my laptop has USB-C and does support PD (Power Delivery). So I also bought a TypeC/TypeC cable to do this thing. Powerbank has TypeC for both IN/OUT. So I plug the cable into the power bank and a laptop and... laptop charges my power bank..? What do I do?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,780 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

If the port doesn't have the USB battery power delivery symbol shown below, it likely doesn't support laptop charging. If that's the case, you will need a USBCjack(female)-to-Barrelplug adapter to use the bank with your PC's normal charger jack.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,488 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

The AN515-52 Left Side ports at # 3 and #5 as shown in the illustrations below, have the following appropriate functions for charging:

1. #3 - USB-C - USB Charger Port - Connects to a USB charger.
    2.  #5 - USB 3.0 Port - Connects to USB 3.0 Super Speed (USB) device. Also charges devices when the computer is off. NOTE: Devices without USB 3.0 certification may not be compatible

So you get your super doper 😀huge power bank (30000mAh 20W) and charge your AN515-52 as it will work as that is why those ports are there for.