Low FPS windows 11 - ACER Nitro 5 AN515

Options
Temperwalton
Temperwalton Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2022 in Windows 11

hello everyone

i have a an ACER Nitro 5 AN515 with these specs:

Core i9 11900H /  RTX 3060 / 16GB DDR4 / 1TB SSD NVMe

i had no problem lunching call of duty vangaurd on windows 10 with 60FPS but after upgrading to windows 11 and installing latest drivers, my FPS is between 20-30 !!!

have done everything for speeding up windows 11 and the problem exists. any solutions? why windows 11 is still laggy after more than a year?

Answers

• StevenGen
    Options

You should have no problems running COD V, make sure that you have the latest NVidia RTX-3060 GeForce Game Ready Driver – WHQL Driver Version: 516.94 - Release Date: Tue Aug 09, 2022 and make sure that after you install this driver you do this:

Change Display and FPS Settings, with the Nvidia graphics you can follow the steps below to set a maximum frame rates per second limit for the COD Vanguard title which may eventually reduce the DirectX-related issues in some cases.

To do this:

1. Open the Nvidia Control Panel > Click on Manage 3D Settings.
    2. Now, go to the Program Settings > Browse and choose the installed Call of Duty: Vanguard game file.
    3. Simply TURN ON the Max FPS Limit count > Set the Value to 30 FPS.
    4. Once done, close the Nvidia Control Panel window.
    5. Restart your system to change effects immediately.

You should ensure that your PC display is using the 100% (Recommended) screen scale & layout size by default. Using a mismatched or incompatible scale & layout size can cause DirectX errors. You can follow the steps below to do so:

1. Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
    2. Click on System > Go to Display.
    3. Select 125% (Recommended) Scale and layout option.
    4. Additionally, you can set the display resolution to the default mode according to compatibility.
    5. Once done, reboot your PC to apply changes properly.
  • ragsak28
    ragsak28 Ally Posts: 677
    Options

Hi @Temperwalton

Check the above link to improve performance in Windows 11.

Hope it will help you in some way.