Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630-UA15 CPU temps

Options
crywolf826
crywolf826 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

So I just got a predator orion. The one with the 11700 and RTX 3070. I knew prebuilts had cooling issues for their CPU's as they usually have stock intel fans in them. So, I received the PC yesterday and this morning I went and bought a CPU cooler from BestBuy to replace it. Low and behold it doesn't fit in the small case and it needed a new mount installed anyways. So I said screw it and tried to clean off the paste I screwed up and reinstall the stock CPU cooler. Anyways my idle temps are now around 59 while I am typing this post. Is that normal? It seems like when I even run an install of lets say Steam, the temps shoot up temporarily almost to 90C.

Did I screw up on reapplying my thermal paste? I just squeezed a bit out in a line then put the cooler back on and tightened it down. Either way I'm probably going to order that NOCTUA one everyone keeps talking about and then pay someone to install it for me. I'm tired of jacking up my PC's.

Is that normal temps though with the stock cooler or is something wrong? If I did the thermal application incorrectly would the idle temps be higher than 59-60?

Answers