Dog peed on Predator Triton 500. Won't turn on, is there anything I can do?

Options
Alliepie
Alliepie Member Posts: 1 New User

As the title states, my dog peed on the laptop. It definitely got inside the computer. I'm not entirely sure if it was turned on when it happened, as I didn't see it happen. It won't turn on. I just got this, and it's super expensive to me. Is there anything that can be done???

Best Answer

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

😁😂😁...well you should know to never ever leave your laptop on the floor or accessible whenever there is a dog around, as accidents will happen! Any urine contains mainly 95% water and many other solutes that can damage components and motherboard traces but, it also contains uric acid which is an acid that is the most damaging penetrant that damages circuitries and components,

If your laptop is under warranty, first contact Acer Support in your area and ask them what they can do for your laptop under warranty? As a problem like you have is pure negligence on your part and ITS NOT covered under Acer warranty. Remember that if there is a chance of fixing your laptop, the laptop needs to be completely disassembled and all its components inspected to where the liquid damage has penetrated to? Its motherboard taken out and all other affected components inspected and thoroughly cleaned with a petroleum Zippo lighter like fluid and then thoroughly dried out, as a petroleum type fluid is the best cleaning agent to clean any type of liquid damage in a laptop, as petroleum is a terrific cleaning agent and also contains oils that do not dry out circuitries and make them brittle/prone to deterioration from a cleaning agent, as and like alcohol does, so all this has to be done and its a big job and a time consuming job.

NOTE: don't attempt to do this job yourself as you need the proper tools as this task might not only be to just clean components with a petroleum liquid but it might also entail to refloat certain components with a heat gun, that needs extensive experience, luck to make the cleaning job 100% successful and to make your laptop work again. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,986 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022 Answer ✓
    Options

😁😂😁...well you should know to never ever leave your laptop on the floor or accessible whenever there is a dog around, as accidents will happen! Any urine contains mainly 95% water and many other solutes that can damage components and motherboard traces but, it also contains uric acid which is an acid that is the most damaging penetrant that damages circuitries and components,

If your laptop is under warranty, first contact Acer Support in your area and ask them what they can do for your laptop under warranty? As a problem like you have is pure negligence on your part and ITS NOT covered under Acer warranty. Remember that if there is a chance of fixing your laptop, the laptop needs to be completely disassembled and all its components inspected to where the liquid damage has penetrated to? Its motherboard taken out and all other affected components inspected and thoroughly cleaned with a petroleum Zippo lighter like fluid and then thoroughly dried out, as a petroleum type fluid is the best cleaning agent to clean any type of liquid damage in a laptop, as petroleum is a terrific cleaning agent and also contains oils that do not dry out circuitries and make them brittle/prone to deterioration from a cleaning agent, as and like alcohol does, so all this has to be done and its a big job and a time consuming job.

NOTE: don't attempt to do this job yourself as you need the proper tools as this task might not only be to just clean components with a petroleum liquid but it might also entail to refloat certain components with a heat gun, that needs extensive experience, luck to make the cleaning job 100% successful and to make your laptop work again. Good luck and hope this helps you out.