Where can I find a charger for my predator laptop

Options
badcustomerservice
badcustomerservice Member Posts: 2 New User

I used to have this charger: CHICONY19.5V11.8A230W-7.4x5.0mm. I need a new one and I ordered one from the acer store. They sent me a wrong charger, I have tried contacting them again but they are ignoring me. I have phoned, I was fobbed off by customer service who have said that they are looking for a charger but it has been almost 2 weeks and now they are ignoring messages sent for any update. I can't wait anymore and I really need a new charger. Where else can I find a charger like the one mentioned above? It has been a difficult search I keep on coming up with chargers with ports that are too small for my laptop.

And if anyone from acer sees this message. Shame on you. I have never received such terrible customer service in my life. The fact that you have sent me an incorrect charger and have not even sent me the form for me to return the charger is disgraceful. It borders on theft.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

Simply google search the keywords 'full predator model number --- for example PH315-44' & charger for vendors who ship chargers to your location. Acer doesn't make chargers. Just uses those made by other like Chicony, Samsung, Panasonic. etc. They all work if designated for the predator model number that you have.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    Options

Its very unusual that you were treated like that, as that charger is a readily available charger on the web, look at this link Original Genuine Chicony A12-230P1A AC adapter 230W 19.5v 11.8A For MSI Gaming Notebook or on your local eBay, Amazon as its very unusual that Acer has sent you the wrong charger, as and probably where you purchased that part is not an Acer approved supplier.

• JackE
    Options

Simply google search the keywords 'full predator model number --- for example PH315-44' & charger for vendors who ship chargers to your location. Acer doesn't make chargers. Just uses those made by other like Chicony, Samsung, Panasonic. etc. They all work if designated for the predator model number that you have.

Jack E/NJ

• sonos2000
    sonos2000 Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

Hi,

My son is experiencing the same issue. He cannot find a charger with a NEGATIVE CENTER PIN, even though he has the right model number for his Predator laptop. All the charger sold have a POSITIVE center pin. There are tons of those kind.

• sonos2000
    Options

Note the NEGATIVE center pin in the diagram of my son’s charger. Same model but negative pin. He can’t use a positive pin (that’s what is sold everywhere…) His Doberman ate his cord and he needs a new charger for his Predator laptop. Help!

• sonos2000
    Options

If it’s not a negative pin some laptops cannot use it. See photo I posted.

• JackE
    Options

What's the full model series number? For example, PH315-54?

Jack E/NJ

• William_mk2
    Options

@badcustomerservice and @sonos2000

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.   Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.  On the new page - scroll down - click on "contact support". Scroll down. You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept.  They will help you to get the right charger.

Additional info to contact Acer Store: Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  You can buy desktop, laptop, monitor and accessories. Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store. Plase provide the snid or serial number of your computer to them. They will help you to get the right charger which is designed for your computer.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• badcustomerservice
    badcustomerservice Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

This is OP, an update to the question. I have finally gotten a working charger for my laptop. The link below for anyone if they want to buy:

I have received the charger and it is working, Do not I repeat do not go to acer themselves because they do not have the charger for this laptop, they will either send your the wrong charger with the wrong size tip and/or fob you off.

Also the if you search for this type of charger on amazon or ebay they wont work I have brought them.