Is my Predator Orion 3000 PO3-630-UA15 missing a power cable to be able to add in another HDD?

Options
Earthbound_X
Earthbound_X Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

So I've had this new PC for a few days now, and I finally tried to get in the extra 1TB HDD I had from my old PC. While there seems to be the SATA cable for it, there's no power cable to actually power a second HDD.

Is this just how it is? It has one extra Sata, but no power cable to power anything that Sata would be plugged into?

As you can see from my pic here, the P3 cable can plug into the second HDD, but there's no power/ICP cable to power it? Am I just out of luck and I won't be able to add this second HDD?

Thanks.

Answers

• brummyfan2
    Options

Hi,

I don't think you need a second power cable, you may need only the SATA cable to connect the second HDD.

• Earthbound_X

Tinkerer

edited September 2022
    Options

Sadly I tried that, it's connected but it's not showing up when the computer is powered on. You can see I have the P3 cable plugged in, in that picture.

• MangoMango
    MangoMango Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options

I might be wrong, but I thought the P2 and P3 cables were the SATA power cables? I think you're missing a SATA data cable... if that's the case, it should be fairly cheap to buy one.

• Earthbound_X

Tinkerer

Options

Ah, that could totally be it, I'm not a total computer novice at this point, but since I'm mostly self taught through trial and error, I still don't know a lot, lol. I had a small notion it might be something like that, since in that picture that brummyfan2 showed, in that second part of the pic, it shows two cables connected to the Mobo there, while I only have the one.

So I just need to grab a Sata data cable? Thanks!

• Earthbound_X

Tinkerer

Options

Ah that could be it! While I'm not a total computer novice anymore, most of what I know is self taught, though trial and error, so I still don't know a lot, lol. I had a feeling it might have been something like that, from the picture brummyfan2 had linked. In the second part of that picture, it shows two cables connected to the side of the Mobo, while I only have one cable there.

Just ordered a cheap less than 2 buck Sata cable off Amazon, thanks!

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

That cable you show is the power cable. You need another SATA data cable with a right angle connector on the drive end to connect the second drive.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.