Spin 713 (CP713-2W-568T) Won't Power On

DConny
DConny Member Posts: 1 New User

My Chromebook won't power on.

Here's what happened: I had a full charge, I unplugged it and sat down with it on my lap. I used it for about 20 minutes and then I stopped using it for a few minutes and it went to sleep (or so I thought).

I tried to awaken it, didn't work. I tried to power it on with the button, didn't work.

When I plugged it into the charger, the orange indicator showed it was charging, for only a minute or so. Then it turned solid blue as if it was fully charged again.

Ive tried holding down the power button for 10-15 seconds, tried holding down the refresh + power button for 10-15 seconds, no luck.

I've tried a different Chromebook charger (also 45 watt) and it just shows solid blue but no luck turning on.

Very frustrated, I started a new job today and need this computer. I loved the machine up until this point and paid a pretty penny for the high specs (i5, 16GB RAM, 256 SSD).

Of course, like all the other customers with issues with their 713, my warranty is only a couple months past the redeemable date. Is acer intentially selling machines that break right after the point of warranty? Garbage.

Anyone have suggestions? Seems like buying a new battery is hit or miss to fix the issue (mostly miss), based on other people's experiences.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,470 Trailblazer

Remove 9 screws and pry off bottom cover with a credit card or suitable wedge. Remove tape from battery mainboard connector. Re-seat the battery connector a half dozen or so times to help clean the contacts inside. Button it back up and try it again after the charge LED turns blue. If still no joy, I'd guess the battery has lost nearly all of its original design capacity or its internal charge controller has failed. Google search cp713-2w battery for vendors who ship replacement batteries to your location. About $35usd.

Jack E/NJ