Why does acer have a poor warranty service ?

Masonason
Masonason Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Dont ever buy an acer laptop. I sent my laptop out for warranty repair. As my acer gaming laptops bios crashed after a Windows update.

After a week or so they responded to me. They told me I had to pay 1200 pounds for a new laptop and that my laptop wasn't under warranty as there was water spillage all over the motherboard.

That didn't make any sense as I took pictures of my laptop before I sent it out and to my surprise it was all fine, dry no water spillage whatsoever. They then had me on a goose chase as I kept appealing thier decision and they kept on rejecting it. They kept asking me for more proof, misleading me just to reject my appeal.They refuse to give me a new free system under warranty even though I proved that I haven't spilled anything on my laptop.

Acers warranty is of no use 2 more of their customers have experienced this. Acers warranty is useless.

I'll attach the pics in this post just for you to see.

Dont EVER rely on acers free warranty service its not worth it. They'll tell you they found liquid spillage and then tell you you have to buy a new laptop even though they could just replace the board and cut down on cost for thier customers but thats the last thing they care about lol.

One of the pics is an after pic which shows you what happened to my laptop after it got to acers warranty repair house or whatever.

In the pic they sent me the water drops look recent as you can see which makes no sense.

They also try to sneak in a labour cost even tho if you were to pay the 1200 you would get a new laptop already manufactured. So whats the point in the labour cost ????.....

Answers

• Samuel-Acer
    Samuel-Acer Moderator Posts: 697 Moderator

Hi Masonason,

I am very sorry to hear this, unfortunately, the Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum Discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas.

Only your local support services can help you with this, the community is not an escalation channel, unfortunately.

Acer Worldwide - Select your local country or region

Note: This thread will be now closed. 

Sorry for any inconveniences this has caused you,

Regards,

Acer-Samuel

This discussion has been closed.