Aspire XC-1760: driver for M2 SSD NVMe KINGSTON OM8PDP3512B-AA1 (Unknown (SSD)).

Options

Due to mistake in the title of the topic, I repeat my question with the correct title. I also include reaction of Billsey.

===================================================================================================

Hello. Recently I had to configure a new Aspire XC-1760 desktop wich used as storage device a M2 NVMe KINGSTON OM8PDP3512B-AA1 (Unknown (SSD)) storage.

This SSD has been partioned by the factory and showed a C-partition with Windows 11 and an empty D-/Data-partition. In between these two partitions was the recovery partition. As a result it was impossible to merge the C- and D-Data-partiotion using the built-in Windows partition manager.

So, I had to use a third party partiotion manager. I am familiar with Active Boot Disk on an USB bootable stick. However after booting the system from this USB stick the SSD was not recognized. This is due to a lacking driverl I could not find the driver neither on Acer's support page nor on Kingston's website. I retried it with the lastest vesrion of Active Boot Disk (v22 of march 2022), but then the SSD was again still not recognized.

Is here someone, who can help me finding the needed drivers? Thanks.

PS With installing MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 12.6 I could merge the partitions.

===================================================================================================

Reaction of billsey

September 4

Yes, I also disagree with the default partitioning scheme on these. I have always use MTPW to make the change, it's free and does the job really well. The drivers missing from the other are likely the iRST drivers.

BTW are you sure about the model number? I see a XC-1750 and XC-1760, but no XC-1740...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Dear billsey,

Thanks for your reaction. You are right, it is a XC-1760. I do not see a possibility to change the header of the topic.

With the iRST driver you mean the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver? I have tried that driver, but loading that driver did nit solve the problem: the Kingston SSD stayed unrecognized.

So, I think I need a driver for the M2 NVMe KINGSTON OM8PDP3512B-AA1 SSD.

Answers