What's the maximum RAM speed for the Predator PO3-620?

Options
pcgamer1234
pcgamer1234 Member Posts: 1 New User

I'm looking to upgrade my RAM on my prebuilt, with the I7 10700 and a 2070 Super, but i don't know the rated speed for my motherboard. I wanna get a 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, but again, I don't know which speed I could get for it.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

Max DDR4 RAM buss speed is 2666MHz. So regular DDR4 dimm 2666MHz or faster should be fine. Faster RAM should simply auto downshift to accomodate the max buss speed.

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    Options
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,592 Trailblazer
    Options

Max DDR4 RAM buss speed is 2666MHz. So regular DDR4 dimm 2666MHz or faster should be fine. Faster RAM should simply auto downshift to accomodate the max buss speed.

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

Note that XMP overclocking profiles are not supported, so stay away from that memory type.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Masquirrel
    Masquirrel Member Posts: 11

Tinkerer

Options

I have the same processor on my 3060ti model of the PO3-620. I bought some crucial RAM thats rated at 3200MHz and it is running at 2933 MHz. So it should be possible to run ram at a faster speed.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,816 Trailblazer
    Options

The speed the memory runs at is determined by the chipset, which in this case runs it at 2933MHz. Faster memory will only be down clocked to the chipset speed, as is shown with the 3200MHz ram.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.