Aspire XC-1760: driver for M2 SSD NVMe KINGSTON OM8PDP3512B-AA1 (Unknown (SSD).

FBFATA100
FBFATA100 Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

edited September 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops

Hello.

Recently I had to configure a new Aspire XC-1740 desktop wich used as storage device a M2 NVMe KINGSTON OM8PDP3512B-AA1 (Unknown (SSD)) storage.

This SSD has been partioned by the factory and showed a C-partition with Windows 11 and an empty D-/Data-partition. In between these two partitions was the recovery partition. As a result it was impossible to merge the C- and D-Data-partiotion using the built-in Windows partition manager.

So, I had to use a third party partiotion manager. I am familiar with Active Boot Disk on an USB bootable stick. However after booting the system from this USB stick the SSD was not recognized. This is due to a lacking driverl I could not find the driver neither on Acer's support page nor on Kingston's website

Is here someone, who can help me finding the needed drivers? Thanks.

PS

With installing MiniTool Partition Wizard Free 12.6 I could merge the partitions.

[Thread was edited to add model name to the title]

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer

Yes, I also disagree with the default partitioning scheme on these. I have always use MTPW to make the change, it's free and does the job really well. The drivers missing from the other are likely the iRST drivers.

BTW are you sure about the model number? I see a XC-1750 and XC-1760, but no XC-1740...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FBFATA100

Tinkerer

Dear billey,

Thanks for your reaction. You are right, it is a XC-1760. I do not see a possibility to change the header of the topic.

With the iRST driver you mean the Intel® Rapid Storage Technology driver? I have tried that driver, but loading that driver did nit solve the problem: the Kingston SSD stayed unrecognized.

Zo, I think I need a driver for the M2 NVMe KINGSTON OM8PDP3512B-AA1 SSD.

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,424 Trailblazer

I'll ask the moderators to edit the topic title. Yes, that's the driver I was talking about. It would have to be installed on the boot drive you are using in the environment that uses. I'm not familiar with Active Boot Disk per se, but it likely uses a Windows PE environment, and I don't believe you can install most drivers within it. You don't need a driver for the SSD itself, it's the interface to the disk that's causing the problem. The easiest solution was the one you used to handle the partition changes. To handle lower level diagnostics and such you can usually do everything from within the Windows installer Repair environment, and that does allow loading drivers.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • FBFATA100

Tinkerer

Dear Billsey, Thanks again for your reply. I have tried your solution, but it did not work.. Regarding the wrong computer type in the topic title: I opened a second topic with the right computer type: Aspire XC-1760: driver for M2 SSD NVMe KINGSTON OM8PDP3512B-AA1 (Unknown (SSD))..

In that new topic I copied your first reaction.. I got a new reaction with a different solution. However, I was not able to try that, as I am out of town.