Predator G3-710 BIOS Update?

Options
SoC_SiN
SoC_SiN Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

So my current BIOS version is R02-A2 and I see the latest version is R02-B2 (shown below image). Right now, my PC is having issue where if I put the computer to sleep and leave it for approximately 20-30mins, it will auto shutdown and won't wake up upon any key press, as it should be.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,593 Trailblazer
    Options

A BIOS update should be avoided for minor issues like this due to the risk of irreversible adverse side effects or worse. I suggest that you turn off all timers in your power plan,change all settings to sleep (none to hibernate) in your power button plan, and UNcheck fast boot. Then shut down Windows normally. Turn it back on again to see if it resolves the sleep issue.

Jack E/NJ

• SoC_SiN

Tinkerer

Options

I have tried, but it still shutdown by itself after 10-20mins of sleep mode. Still unsure what's the issue and what could be the root cause.

• JackE
    Options

If it was mine in this situation, I'd probably download and install Driver Booster freeware to see if it can pick up any new drivers on line that might resolve this issue.

Other than that, I'd simply change all settings in the power button plan to do nothing when the lid is closed. The hall lid position sensor will shut the screen off anyway. Screen is the biggest power drain. CPU/GPU use very little more power idling than in sleep mode. Or with the lid open, I'd press FN+F6 turn off the screen. Opening the lid or touching any button will turn the screen back on.

Any other method to resolve this issue on your G3 --- such as a full factory reset --- or a BIOS update --- would not be worth the effort or risk to me. But it's not mine, so you'll have to make the decision. Sorry I can't be of more help on this. 😑

Jack E/NJ

• SoC_SiN

Tinkerer

Options

Ok thanks for the advice. I will try those and also other solutions which I can find online.

• JackE
    Options

Good luck. Please let us know if anything pans out.

Jack E/NJ