Okay I have a Acer aspire3 A315-23 laptop boot issue

StacyS68
StacyS68 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2022 in Windows 11

I had to factory reset my laptop last month and now I have a $500 paperweight at this time.

My laptop didn’t come with a disk drive. It only has a HDMI port, and 3 USB ports and the enternet port.

I have done everything I have seen on YouTube and what Microsoft support has told me to do.

And now this is what happened. I have no way to make a recovery flash drive.

Can anyone please help me?

Im attaching pictures of the only part of my system that I can actually get to.

I’m so confused and disappointed in myself that I have not been able to fix my laptop myself, I use my laptop for working on my genealogy and for my work. I really need to fix it but I can’t afford to take it to a computer repair place.

thank you in advance.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information and to include the topic issue]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,431 Trailblazer

Don't panic. Yet.

Try this. Press and hold power button till machine shuts off. Then turn it back on and IMMEDIATELY press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key. A recovery screen should appear with either an advanced or troubleshooting options along with some factory reset options. Pick troubleshooting. There should be an option to get to the command prompt. Can you access the command prompt? A black screen with small white characters and a blinking cursor in upper left corner. Looks something like X:\SYSTEM32>_

Jack E/NJ

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,858 Trailblazer
    edited September 2022

Just in addition and bit more advice to you, what do you mean that "My laptop didn’t come with a disk drive"? Do you mean a Win-10 installation USB drive?

Also look at the "Application or OS blue screen errors:

1. Windows\system32\winload.efi (follow this link to try and fix this error)- is an error that prevents Windows from loading (a Blue screen of death or BSOD). This is usually caused by corrupt boot records or incorrect boot configuration. Depending on your Operating System, the error message may vary but the keyword winload.efi will be the same.
    2. Error code 0xc000000f - is usually the result of a corrupted file, a damaged drive, or a malware or virus infection. Faulty or dislocated cables have also been known to cause the 0xc00000f error code message to appear as these cables can interfere with the system's

All the above errors say that there are certain files that are missing that are causing the boot error. If after all the recovery guides like you have taken or Iis sugged in this post 'don't work' and you can't enter the recovery Environment through the normal means or by using the USB drive, then your system is very badly corrupted and most likely your only option now is to clean install Windows 10. If you have any valuable data, then you need to get it recovered by an experienced recovery tech.

Also, and if you do a clean install, then make sure that you have this laptops IRST (Intel® Rapid Storage Technology) Driver Version:16.0.3.1092 on another USB when you completely formatted the boot drive through the Win-10 installation process.

Also, and looking at your bios "Info Page" your Aspire A315-53 bios has the Acer old generic bios and that could also be a big problem as the bios version 1.19 is not even listed on the Acer Drivers & Manuals for your laptop and the last bios version for your A315-53 is the "v2.03, 1. Update ME-FW 11.8.65.3590.2. Update MCU". which previous bios versions updates have solved allot of issues with your laptops vbios and system stability etc etc that could also be a factor of why Win-10 doesn't reset or recover, and you are having these problems. I would try every recovery means but if you can't then do a clean install, do a bios update to v2.03 (make sure that the laptop functions 100% before attempting a bios update) make sure that windows update is 100% up to date and all Intel NVIDIA graphics drivers (A315-53G only) are also up to date, as all these factors will make your A315-53 function to its best OS performance and this laptops specs. Good luck and hope this helps you out.

• StacyS68

I’ve tried this and can’t get off That recovery screen or to bois that s it

im lost at this point

• JackE

>>>I’ve tried this and can’t get off>>>

Do you mean that it won't turn off after pressing and holding the power button for 5-10 seconds?

Jack E/NJ

• StacyS68

I’ve tried everything listed above and still can’t recover my laptop operating system.

Any other ideas that I can try?

• JackE

Please answer. Do you mean that it won't turn off after pressing and holding the power button for 5-10 seconds?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,621 Trailblazer

Have you tried a reinstall of the OS from a Windows install flash drive? Your SSD may have failed, causing the issues, or the OS load might just be corrupted.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE

Please answer. Do you mean that it won't turn off after pressing and holding the power button for 5-10 seconds?

Jack E/NJ