Is this laptop display issue a common issue?

tris1
tris1 Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I just bought this Aspire 5 last June and has only used this for light work. Just opened the unit and I notice a faint line across the center from top to bottom. It's not noticiable when you browse a lighter interace but it's pretty obvous with my dark wallpaper. it bothers me as I dont remember putting anywhere that can cause something like this. It's well kept in a safe space as it's a precious thing left behind by my dead father. Restarted the unit and it's still the same. I'm planning to bring this to the service center but it's quite a distance from where I live. So while I plan out a schedule to go seek service, I just want to know, is this a common issue among other users with a similar unit?

Please share your experience. Thank you in advance.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,305 Trailblazer

First, it would help if you would tell us what exact model number your Aspire 5 is. One of the best ways seeing that this laptop hasn't been used and is only used rarely is that the graphics drivers are outdated, Install the Intel graphics and either NVIDIA or AMD graphics that this laptop has (if it has an additional graphics card?) and install their latest drivers and update windows also for your Aspire 5. Which can cause flickering or stripes. 

Btw, looking at those captions above, your laptops graphics looks like its working very clear and well but, do all those driver updates which is a simple and efficient solution. Also, go to 'Device Manager' and click 'Monitors Properties Scan for hardware changes to refresh driver and see if that helps. If all this does not fix your problem, then send it to Acer.