Acer Spin 5 SP513-54N-74V2 Screen Black issue.

Options
2»

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

Don't bother trying software since you know the hardware isn't working. Yes, you can likely connect the replacement screen to the new cable and run it without putting everything back together to verify it was the screen that failed. I don't believe your model has a tamper detect switch, so it doesn't really know you still have it open. Just be careful so you don't touch anything while powered up.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Commodore_1995#
    Options

I would check the bios version as well. EDID stands for Extended Display IDentification: Adds panel EDID values.1.057.0 MB2020/08/04download

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • dlharr
    dlharr Member Posts: 12

Tinkerer

Options

The bios version is 1.10

I don't know how to check the EDID. What should the Acer screen be called? I see BOE088BC, HWP3124, and MS_0001. The external monitor connected right now is an hp E241i

• stardragon82
    stardragon82 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

dlharrYou earlier asked >>>Any suggestions for how to make it the easiest to get everything (installed software) loaded back up after.>>>

Just do a full factory reset. It will automatically re-install all the drivers and software that originally was on the machine when you first acquired it. Leave the BIOS firmware alone!

Jack E/NJ

• dlharr

Tinkerer

Options

I was actually thinking about other software like budget, document, spreadsheet, scanner etc

Also the EDID thing sounds like the screen might have a chip that got messed up? Maybe that can be rewritten. Does factory reset do that too?

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,587 Trailblazer
    Options

You would have to re-install the software and apps that you installed yourself that wasn't already installed with the original factory system.

The factory Windows system reset does NOT fix the BIOS chip since it doesn't use the Windows system. The BIOS chip sometimes gets corrupted and fails to initialize the video resources by trying to do unnecessary BIOS firmware updates.

Jack E/NJ

• ErnestoBVC
    ErnestoBVC Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

I have the same problem... the model of my Acer Spin 5 is the SP513-54N-74V2, but I can only find a screen cable that says it works for SP513-54N-56M2. Are the cables compatible? Was it worth buying the cable?

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,783 Trailblazer
    Options

The differences in those last four digits are typically either language differences for different locales or choices like drive and memory size. The eDP cable will be the same for all SP513-54N models. Unfortunately Acer doesn't have the cable available separate from the display assembly, so I can't give you a part number for it. Just make sure you purchase from a vendor with a good return policy and you should be good.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dlharr

Tinkerer

Options

At the time I bought my cable it was available from Amazon. It did not solve my problem because my original cable was not actually damaged.

• Andosonson
    Andosonson Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Options

Did you replace your screen??? I need a suggestion for a very good LCD replacement, Mine already replace tree times, Please suggest me a good LCD to buy for my laptop, I don't need any OEM screen come from Acer… They change screen 2 times for Free (Warranty) all their replacement are *****