why does my predator laptop say this computer is not supported when i try to download predator sense

Options
pvnkstvr
pvnkstvr Member Posts: 3 New User

i have a acer predator laptop and when i tried to reinstall predator sense it said this computer is not supported error?? this started when i reinstalled windows and keep in mind i had predator sense before ,, any help?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022
    Options

>>>this started when i reinstalled windows>>>

You probably re-installed the generic Windows version using Microsoft's USB media creation tool and not the Acer OEM factory Windows version using the hidden Acer OEM factory recovery partition. The two version are different. You can try to download the updates for Acer Care Center and Acer Quick Access as there may be some dependencies. Also open Device Manager to make sure there are no red or yellow driver warnings.

Jack E/NJ

• pvnkstvr
    pvnkstvr Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

so how do i go back? im very slow bare with me 😖@JackE

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,555 Trailblazer
    Options

OK, if your generic Windows installation hasn't yet affected access to the hidden Acer OEM factory Windows recovery partition, you can try the ALT+F10 cold boot factory reset. Follow these steps

1. Shutdown Windows normally
    2. Turn it back on again and immediately tap F2 to enter the BIOS menu
    3. Check to make sure the F12 and D2D options are enabled in the BIOS MAIN tab.
    4. Save settings and exit BIOS. Shutdown Windows again.
    5. Turn it back on again and immediately press and hold the ALT key while tapping the F10 key
    6. A blue recovery screen should appear to allow you to reset the machine to a factory fresh Windows state like when you first purchased the laptop and turned it on for the first time

Jack E/NJ