ACER KA272bi Monitor suddenly "no signal"

RubinQuestion
RubinQuestion Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, I'd be grateful for any ideas. My Acer Ka272, suddenly says no signal. Same problem if I connect the monitor to another desktop. I disconnected and reconnected the power cord and the HDMI cord. I tried disconnecting and waiting.

The manufacture date is Mar., 2020.

Here's the manual for this model: https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/support-product/8100?b=1&pn=MM.TJ3AA.001 Manual is under "Documents."

This model's buttons are all in the back, 4 horizontally placed slit-shaped buttons. Acc. to the manual, the top, #1, is power. The next 3 should be about brightness, contrast, etc., but those don't work, prob. need the signal to the computer to work. Below that is a toggle. This allows me to choose only VGI or HDMI input and accepts the HDMI cord, but then the screen reverts right back to the orange standby light.

I hope the problem is not the need for an updated driver...I wouldn't be able to see to maneuver on a computer!

Thanks for advice or suggestions.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer

Try this. Power up the monitor first. Wait a minute or two. Then power up the PC.

Jack E/NJ

• RubinQuestion
    RubinQuestion Member Posts: 2 New User

Hi, JackE, I lugged my monitor to a Best Buy, ready to give in an replace the monitor. Somehow a Geek Squad person tried the monitor on their equipment, without charging me for an appointment, and found that my HDMI cable was at fault (though why didn't the VGA cord work?). I bought a new cord and have my lovelyi monitor working again. Thank you so much for taking the time. Hope my luck lasts, otherwise, will try your idea.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,846 Trailblazer

Congratulations. Thanks for reporting back on the HDMI cable culprit. 🙂 I've found that that switching from HDMI signal to VGA signal sometimes requires a complete shut down both PC and monitor to make them play nice together. Seems to depend on the brand PC & screen that you're trying to pair together.

Jack E/NJ