Battery Issues (software) in windows 11. Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55

Aniketd07
Aniketd07 Member Posts: 18 Troubleshooter
edited August 2022 in Nitro Gaming

Device: Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55

My battery in the task manager shows 0% and won't charge when plugged but the led indicator on my Nitro 5 shows that the battery is fully charged (Blue led light), as soon as I plug out the charging cable laptop shows me a warning of a critically low battery but I get a full battery backup i.e. 4-5 hours at 0%. when I checked the battery usage history in the settings app, it shows me that the battery is fully charged.

I don't understand how but the issue was solved automatically without any pending update and the taskbar was showing me the correct battery level. After 2 days the issue came back with the same problems discussed above, and it got solved automatically. Today the problem is back again!!!

So many bugs (My battery Backup has been decreased than I used to get in Win 10 and slow boot on SSD).

Please Help me!!!

( edited the title to add the model name )

Answers

• I advise disconnecting and reconnecting the lithium battery:

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Aniketd07

Tried that but it didn't solve the issue

• wascas
    wascas Member Posts: 1,227 Overclocked Contributor WiFi Icon

Download hwinfo and have a look at the wear level of your battery at the left side of the smart battery menu.

• Aniketd07

wear level is 99.8%

• wascas
    edited August 2022

Your battery has no capacity any more. I recommend to replace the battery.

If you want, you can create a battery report as described here. Then you can compare the results of hwinfo and battery report.

• Aniketd07
    edited August 2022

How's that even possible?

I got it checked with acer technician and if I unplug the charger cord after the battery indicator turns blue

Laptop lasts 5 hours on normal use.

and these are the results after laptop is 100% charged

• wascas

Indeed, very strange. What is your BIOS version?

• Aniketd07
    edited August 2022

bios version is 2.06

• Can you test the battery with a multimeter? Is your laptop under warranty?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)