My Concept DCN715-72G randomly appears to go to sleep if not in active use

Options
kroekatoa
kroekatoa Member Posts: 1 New User

Model: Concept DCN715-72G

SN: NXC61AA001XXXX

Hello there!

I purchased this laptop in late July, and over the last week or so I've noticed at least one time per use (if I'm using it for a few hours at a time), it appears to go to sleep if I'm not actively using the computer, whether it's been a half hour or just a few minutes, and whether it is plugged in charging or not.

The power light on the right side of the laptop shows it is on, but the screen is black. I try using the keyboard, mouse, unplugging or replugging the charger, etc. and nothing brings the display back. I have to hold the power key down and hard cycle to turn it back on. Today when I did this, a Windows blue updater screen popped up and finished doing updates before it came back on, though it doesn't always do that.

I've set all Windows sleep settings I can find (on batter or not) to "never sleep" (included screenshots). I've searched for driver updates, done all Windows updates, and this still is happening. Not sure what else to do to troubleshoot at this point and looking for some guidance. I've also included the Event Viewer system log of the most recent time it did this. There is a time gap in the log, but I would say it "went to sleep" or whatever it is doing just a few minutes before 2:15pm in the log. I had barely stopped to look at my phone, the screensaver must have kicked in, and when I went to bring it back, couldn't, so I did a hard power off/recycle.

I appreciate any help!!! I otherwise have had zero issues that I've noticed with this laptop and love using it for photo editing, work, etc. Nothing too strenuous.

Sarah

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options

Change custom display plan from 2mins to never. Turn screensaver off. Then test to see if it still happens.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Does the same problem occur when changing the power plan?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)