Can I add RAM to my Aspire XC 885?

DanAa
DanAa Member Posts: 4 New User

And if so can you guide me to a relevant product? Pretty sure I can mount the memory if I know it will fit. (sorry for the Swedish below but I believe you will find the info in there) :-)

Aspire XC-885

Enhetsnamn  DESKTOP-HQ42OQR

Processor        Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz  3.19 GHz

Installerat RAM-minne           16,0 GB (15,9 GB går att använda)

Enhets-ID        03DDB8CB-7C31-49A6-B1B6-A99FAA8E014F

Produkt-ID      00325-81307-84791-AAOEM

Systemtyp      64-bitars operativsystem, x64-baserad processor

Answers

• DanAa

Here's a link to the acutal product:

Acer Aspire XC-885(DT.BAQEQ.046) | NetOnNet

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,432 Trailblazer

Sure, specs say: Up to 16GB per DIMM with maximum memory size up to 32 GB, DDR4 2666MHz.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DanAa

Thanks!

Any chance you can see what RAM to buy also, or do I need to look inside to see what slots there are?

• billsey

Check to see what's in there now and match the spec. It will likely be the DDR4 2666MHz, but they might have 3200MHz in if it was a really late build. You can also look in Task Manager under the Performance tab to see the speed.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • DanAa

I did look inside (surprisingly easy access!) and there's two slots only (as expected) That means I'll have to throw the 16gb out right? And buy 32gb in two sticks to replace them?

• billsey

Yup, if you have two 8GB sticks now... I'd likely put the old ones on eBay before throwing them out myself. :)