Kits available with extra SSD, cable and mounting bracket for ConceptD CN517-71?

Options
Riho
Riho Member Posts: 3 New User

Hello,

I found the installation instructions to place an extra SSD in my ConceptD CN517-71 but cannot find the part number of the required cable and mounting bracket.

Does Acer provide kits with all needed components to do this upgrade?

Is there a storage capacity limit for the SSD? Would the Samsung 870 EVO 2,5-inch 4TB work?

Nice to see that installing an extra SSD is not influencing the warranty.

Thanks for helping me!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,575 Trailblazer
    Options

Did you check all the boxes and the 2.5" bay inside the machine to see if the parts already came with the laptop? While 4TB should work, some users have reported compatability issues with drives over 2TB capacity for various laptops.

Jack E/NJ

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Do you live in the United States or Canada? https://csapps.acer.com/kit-request/#submit

Have you checked out colleague JackE's suggestion?

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

Did you check all the boxes and the 2.5" bay inside the machine to see if the parts already came with the laptop? While 4TB should work, some users have reported compatability issues with drives over 2TB capacity for various laptops.

Jack E/NJ

• Riho
    Riho Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options

I remember that a cable was delivered together with the laptop but I cannot find it anymore. I am sure that the blue cradle was not delivered. That's the reason I asked if it can be ordered as a spare part.

I'm living in Belgium, the link isn't working for me.

Is it possible that the part number of the cable 50.Q5PN4.004 is?

Thanks for the support!

• Commodore_1995#
    Options

Check this information

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JackE
    Options

>>>Is it possible that the part number of the cable 50.Q5PN4.004 is?>>>

Yes, that's the part no. Should be less than about $25usd. The 2.5" HDD or SSD can be suitably protected and immobilized inside the case with small pieces of anti-static foam so no special mounting parts are actually needed.

Jack E/NJ