XV272U question. What would cause it to stop showing live video or capture of live video/gaming?

Options
Tickleslip
Tickleslip Member Posts: 2 New User

The monitor does not cycle on/off. I can literally be playing a game and that works, but will switch to watching any online web based video (e.g.; youtube) and it won't show the video playback.

Also have the same issue where I can be actively playing a game and that shows on this monitor, but my OBS software will show a black screen for the pickup, even though I'm currently playing whatever the game is. Can stop playing game, go to youtube or whatever and video playback is black but sound is there.

This issue just started recently. I've owned this monitor for over a year now.

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

Sounds like the video signal output somehow is now changing when switched. What are graphics specs of desktop or laptop that's feeding the monitor? Can you test its behavior on another monitor like a TV set?

Jack E/NJ

• Tickleslip
    Tickleslip Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

AMD RX 6800 XT (3 DP/1 HDMI for ports).

I swapped the monitor's position to my right instead of my center (gaming) screen. The colors on this model have that slightly washed out look anyways, so I wanted one of the new ones I have with the more vivid colors for my center. Since swapping it to the right from center and not using it as a gaming/capturing of gaming from for live streaming, the problem doesn't seem to be replicating itself.

It is just odd. Only because I could still be gaming with no issue but OBS would suddenly go black even though whatever game was still going on. The only 'reset' of that was to unplug and plug the monitor back in and then it wouldn't do it anymore. Just weird because I could still be gaming but pull a web based video over on the monitor and it was blacked out.

I don't have sleep timers or monitor turn off after X time timers either. I don't use hibernation mode or any windows sleep stuff on this PC. Situation didn't occur on old 1080p 144Hz monitor(s) or on any other monitor thus far that I have the ability to test from.

Can't use a TV as this system is in an entirely different room.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,549 Trailblazer
    Options

The power up sequence might affect things too. Acer monitors usually must be booted up first. Then the PC.

Jack E/NJ