I need the ahci driver for my Aspire A315-41 laptop and I can't find it

Kevincol2000
Kevincol2000 Member Posts: 2 New User

Hello, I hope you are very well. A few days ago I formatted my laptop and when installing Windows from a bootable pendrive I got an error that I needed the driver for the HDD, because it did not appear in the Windows 10 installation menu. I was looking on the official Acer website and this did not appear. can you help me? I would thank you a lot

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,933 Trailblazer
    edited August 2022

Check if your HDD is operating properly (especially a mechanical HDD) or its SATA plug is connection properly? The A315-41 has an AMD so Download Standard SATA AHCI Controller Driver look at this MS list as the last Win-10 driver is from 3/15/2022 and its "Windows - Client, version 21H2 and later, Upgrade & Servicing Drivers" version 6.0.0.35, size 3.7 MB download that and try these drivers when at the Win-10 install process you have the option to "Load driver".

If that doesn't work then look and try these other fixes below, and also have a look at this guide as it really explains it very well here: What Is Standard SATA AHCI Controller and How to Download It? Good luck and hope this helps you out.

Start computer, press F2 to enter BIOS, and then look for your hard drive if its detected on the bios. If it is missing or invisible from BIOS (shown as None or Not detected), here are 4 possible reasons as well as countermeasures that you can use.

•The channel for this hard drive is forbidden in BIOS, which happens especially after you add a second hard drive to system. To fix this issue, we need to turn it on or enable it.

•Data cable or power cable of the drive is damaged or isn’t plugged firmly. Try connecting both cables again or change other cables.

•BIOS is out of date and can’t recognize your hard disk. Try updating BIOS to the last A315-41 version 1.18

•The hard drive may be physically damaged. Download a disk testing tool to test the drive. If it is not detected by the tool or errors are found, you may need to contact your hard disk provider.